Are you ready for your number?
I mean, your real, soul-aligned number?
Here’s the thing. We often choose numbers (revenue, income, margin, etc.) based on what seems like a great goal or what should be the next step in our careers or businesses.
But, in the same way that Danielle Laporte has shifted how we do goals (um, people, please, for the love of all that is holy, let us choose our desires first! Then put goals to those…), I feel the same way about numbers! Let your soul choose your numbers as you align your path to gracefully receive them.
For me: I see numbers as *Shorthand. Symbols. Energy. Vibrations.*
In other words, when a number is on your heart it’s shorthand for the journey that God is calling you to.
The deep desire to build a $100M or $1M or $100K company has nothing to do with the money. Trust me. It has everything to do with your journey to that place.
The number is pin on a map, but it doesn’t really care about point A or point B, it is actually deeply invested in the windy, hilly road between the two destinations that you must travel.
When a client tells me she’s ready for a $15K raise to boost her annual pay to $85K because that’s what she worked hard and is ready for, I get giddy.
(Oh and we got that raise for her, don’t you worry!)
Or, when a small business owner lets me know she’s ready for $450K in revenue for her business because she can feel that up-level in her bones, I’m overjoyed.
(Yep! She’s gracefully going for it.)
I can instantly tell when a number (revenue, income, profit margin, number of years, months, etc.) is aligned. Likewise, I always know when a number is out of alignment and wreaking havoc.
I used to think that making money (and numbers in general) was just plain fun…like a game. Now I realize it’s something more and something to share.
So let’s get down to it.
This is simple, but challenging. I do a version of this with all of my coaching clients, and am thrilled to do it with you here, too.
It can take you 30 seconds or 30 days, but I promise you it will work.
The trick is to let it arise from within. And to write it down.
1. Get yourself into a cozy place (if you’re having trouble finding one, just hop into bed a few minutes earlier than usual and do this before sleeping).
2. Close your eyes. This is actually important, so be sure you do it.
3. Ask yourself, what revenue (or income number) am I really, truly ready to bring in this year (or quarter/month/etc.)?
4. Wait for the number to arise from within (you might even imagine or see it floating up from your stomach region). If you feel your brain manufacturing a number to fill the white space, kindly thank it, but let it know that you’re waiting for your soul number to come from your “gut” and that you’ll wait patiently until it does.
5. Once you have it, you’ll know. Be sure to write it down.
I challenge you to do this today and I invite you to respond here! Tell me what your number is. If I have time, I’ll even respond with a few thoughts about it for you in particular.
Take beautiful care,